Thursday, June 22, 2017

Here's your sign! (that you're in Grenda)

This post idea started in my mind many moons ago... originally was just thinking I should post a collection of interesting signs that can only be seen in Grenada.  Anyway, I've veered off course quite a bit from that idea - but here are some pictures of things (signs & otherwise) that probably have little value, but I've found interesting for various reasons.  Enjoy my collection...

Marvin


Probably only people from good ole' Lancaster county might know why this sign occasionally makes me homesick for Gap, PA.


So, one day I was struggling trying with some computer/internet issues - when up popped this error code!  I've seen a lot of error codes in my life, but never one quite as helpful as this. :-)  What could I do other than click OK?



The window glare makes this a bit difficult to read, but I think you might be able to understand the candid, "say it like it is" approach that is so common here in Grenada.  This is on the door to IGA, one of the largest grocery stores here.  I just wish people would actually read and obey the signs!

And some more good, practical advice - mostly unheeded.


You might think our gas station looks, well, "normal", but it's actually "way out"


For that matter, our airport is really "WAY OUT"!  (or maybe the small man is)


 Now we know why people drive like they do...

And last but not least, this isn't actually a Grenada sign - but my wife's life motto. :-)  (If you see me with a black & blue eye, you'll know that my wife read this blog...)

That's all for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment